Software Development Tools
Software development tools and techniques have always played an essential role in software development. You cannot think of creating software without software development tools.
Hence, today we can see so many different kinds of tools for software development. However, choosing the best software development tool for yourself is an equally tricky task. But you don’t have to worry now; we have made it easier for you.
Let’s get started!
What Is Software Development?
Software development is a process that includes a number of sub-processes. This is why you must use various software development tools in the entire development process. It begins with the UI/UX of the software with a prototyping tool. Then, you need a coding part to develop the features and frameworks.
Top Ten Best Software Tools List
Checkout the list of best software development tools that will help you in the development of android, mobile, and web software development.
Axure is one of the most popular web software development tools for wireframing and prototyping. UX framework and prototyping are essential for software development, so that Axure can be the best tool. Many companies have used it for the same purpose.
Features of Axure
- Axure has a documentation feature that allows you to create documentation for your UX build to showcase in front of management.
- It has a file-sharing feature to let multiple people work on the same project simultaneously.
- It allows you to create a custom widget library that is easily maintainable.
Bootstrap is among the best web software development tools for designing responsive websites. It can create a responsive website framework with actions as simple as drag and drop. An infamous advantage of Bootstrap is that it maintains the consistency of the project even if multiple people are working on a project.
Features of Bootstrap
- Bootstrap offers prewritten code blocks for standard website functions and features. It makes the process of web development significantly Faster.
- It has a library of various components that make a website responsive.
- You can customize almost every component of the website framework developed with Bootstrap.
OneCompiler is an online compiler supporting multiple languages like Python, Java, and C. Compilers are necessary embedded android software development tools for compiling and running your code on the go.
Features of OneCompiler
- It has an easy-to-use UI that simplifies the compilation error detection process for developers.
- It compiles and runs codes faster than many offline and online compilers as it is a cloud-based compiler.
- You can share code with your friends and coworkers to work simultaneously on the same code.
4) Apache NetBeans
Apache NetBeans is an Integrated Development Environment or IDE offered by the well-known software tools developing company Apache. It is a free and open-source IDE which you can use to develop software for smartphones and desktops. Moreover, it is one of the best web software development tools.
Features of Apache NetBeans
- Apache NetBeans supports multiple platforms like Windows, MacOS, and Linux so that it can be installed on any OS.
- It has an advanced bug detection and highlighting feature, which helps you to write bug-free codes faster.
5) AWS Cloud9
Cloud9 is one of the agile software development tools as it comes from one of the biggest companies in the world, Amazon. Since Amazon Web Services power it, you don’t have to install it anywhere. It is an online cloud-based IDE, which makes it among the fastest IDEs available today.
Features of AWS Cloud9
- It supports compiling many languages, including Python, Ruby, Node.js, C, and C++.
- It has an error detection and suggestion feature highlighting errors, typos, and suggestions to make your source code faster.
- It also has an instant debugging feature that debugs the code in minutes.
6) Zend Studio
If you are a PHP developer, Zend Studio is one of the best modern software development tools. It is a next-gen IDE that is best for PHP. With Zend Studio, you can develop live PHP applications on any online server, such as AWS, Azure, and others.
Features of Zend Studio
- It has a fast-performing UI specially designed for PHP development.
- It has features like code validation and code indexing for PHP, which speed up development debugging integrations like Zend Debugger and Xdebug.
- Zend Studio has a range of plugins powered by the Eclipse eco-system.
7) Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure is among the tremendous agile software development tools. It is a cloud-based server where you create and deploy your or your client’s web applications. Moreover, it also provides seamless website management, making it the first choice of many indie developers and even well-known companies.
Features of Microsoft Azure
- It allows you to create apps faster than others and provides threat detection and mitigation.
- It is one of the best platforms to deploy web and OS applications.
- It has support for most of the OSes like Windows, MacOS, and Android.
- It also supports multiple frameworks, which makes you free to choose the framework of your preference.
Dreamweaver by Adobe is one of the best all-in-one software development tools. You can create, publish, and manage websites very fast. It is a paid subscription-based platform that charges a minimum of $20.99 monthly. With Dreamweaver, you can publish your website to the most well-known cloud servers like Azure, AWS, and many more.
Features of Dreamweaver
- It allows you to create a website with dynamic screen fit compatibility. It can create a website that can fit any screen size without affecting the functionality of the website.
- It has a range of templates for popular website niches like blogs, portfolios, eCommerce, and newsletter websites.
- It supports Windows OS, Android, and iOS for smartphones and tablets.
- You can get a free seven-day trial to explore Dreamweaver’s features and advances.
9) Load Ninja
Testing of a software program is essential before its commercial launch. Load Ninja is one of the best web software development tools to test your software. It is a cloud-based platform that Smartbear develops. It is a performance testing tool; hence, it tests the loading speed of web applications and their functional and non-functional features.
Features of Load Ninja
- Rather than using emulators, Load Ninja tests applications with real browsers, making the test results more accurate and reliable.
- It requires zero coding and is designed as a codeless performance testing tool.
- It comes with a real-time VU debugger and inspector.
Software must be updated with new features and tech throughout its lifetime. However, when a new code is introduced, it may lead to bugs and glitches. Katalon is among the most used modern software development tools for regression testing. Regression testing helps find bugs in the new build of apps. Katalon is a fantastic regression testing tool with so many features.
Features of Katalon
- It is an Artificially Intelligent regression testing tool, which makes it almost automated for regression testing.
- It provides visual testing for apps, considered better for regression testing.
- It is a free-to-use tool for lifetime. However, if you are an enterprise, you can buy their premium plans to bring more features onboard.
These tools are easy to learn and use in your software development process. This software tools list will help you get an amazing tool for every process required in software development. These agile software development tools are the best in this niche. Hence, your process will become faster and easier with these tools.
Originally published at https://www.devstringx.com on Nov 09, 2023