LambdaTest: Cross Browser Testing Tool | Devstringx Technologies
LambdaTest is a Cross Browser Testing Cloud. It allows testers and developers to do cross browser testing on 100+ browsers and Operating System in different resolutions of screen. Also It allows to test on the latest mobile phones and desktop browsers on the cloud.
What is Cross Browser Testing:
Cross Browser Testing is a non-functional testing. It helps to ensure our website or web application works as expected in various web browsers. We can perform cross browser testing on different browsers both manual and automated way. For manual testing, we create tests for each browser and execute it manually on each browser. For automated testing, we create Selenium tests with multiple conditional statements that execute test cases based on a specified browser type.
Key Features of LambdaTest:
- Browser Compatibility Testing: We can perform browser compatibility testing on desktop and mobile browsers, on browser versions, on different different OS, and we can simply change screen resolution in the mid of a session by just selecting the required resolution and our browser will be resized as per our selected resolution.
- Latest Desktop Browsers Testing: We can perform testing on all the latest browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, IE, Edge and Safari.
- Testing On Different Mobile Devices: It supports a huge range of iPhones, iPads on different iOs versions and also in android phones on latest Android versions.
- Screenshot Testing: We can get a full paged screenshots within a seconds by selecting the configurations using LambdaTest automated screenshots feature.
- Testing The Responsiveness On All Sizes of Screen: We can check the responsiveness of our website by just a single click across different screen sizes. We can also check the responsiveness of our locally hosted websites using LambdaTest Secure Shell Tunnel.
- Testing on Locally Hosted Pages: We can also performed testing on locally or privately hosted pages on LambdaTest cloud platform with the help of Lambda Tunnel even before launching on live servers.
- Smart Visual Regression Test: We can solve issues related to icon size, padding, color, layout, text, element’s position by doing smart visual regression testing on our layout.
- LambdaTest Inbuilt Issue Tracker: It comes with an inbuilt issue tracker. We can use Lamda test inbuilt issue tracker to assign, track, share bugs and export to pdf. Also we can log issues instantly during test sessions. We can share the issues via email, slack or directly log it in different bug tracking tools.
- We can perform Continuous Testing with Continuous Integration tools. Like — Jenkins, Codeship, Continua, Cruise Control, TeamCity, BuildDot, Bamboo, Solano CI, CircleCI, Travis CI
Pricing of LambdaTest:
LambdaTest offers four plans for users to choose from.
- Solo plan: $15 per month (Billed annually)
- 2. Pro plan: $25 per month (Billed annually)
- 3. Enterprise plan: Customised one
- 4. Lite plan: It is a free and we can use the tool for 12 minutes. It can use limited stuff(Such as limited categories of mobile phone, limited browsers and their limited versions etc.) using this plan.
LambdaTest Tool Registration:
1. Open this link : https://www.lambdatest.com/.
2. Register with email address or you can sign up using Gmail.
Manual Web App Testing with LambdaTest:
We can perform several types of manual cross browser testing with LambdaTest. Here’s each testing technique in detail:
1. Real-Time Cross Browser Testing -
This testing allows to test the web applications across multiple combinations of browsers and operating systems on different mobile phones and desktops.
2. Visual UI Testing with LambdaTest -
We perform visual testing of a web application in the following ways:
a) Screenshot Testing
b) Responsive Testing
c) Smart Visual Testing a) Screenshot Testing with LambdaTest -: b) Responsive Testing With LambdaTest -: c) Smart Visual UI Testing -
It allows to take multiple screenshots (25 screenshots) on different desktops and mobile devices configurations in a single session.
This will allows to perform responsive testing of the website or application. With LambdaTest responsive testing, we can check, how the website appears on different screen sizes and devices.
It helps to find common visual issues in application or website like icon size, font style, padding, text size, images, etc. LambdaTest Smart visual testing will clarify the difference between two or more images at a time with color change, and then allow you to mark the bugs, move it to a bug management tool, or edit it and leverage it in many other ways.
Integrate the LambdaTest:
LambdaTest has a unique and very important feature of integration to third-party apps. With LambdaTest we can perform web application testing and then raise the issue or bug to another application like
Originally published at https://www.devstringx.com on July 4, 2020.